- Next meeting is FRIDAY @ 10 PM
- Peacekeeping Duties
- Security- keeping an eye on the site (people and things). Things to look for in order of importance: 1) Sexual harassment/assault 2) Violence 3) Theft
- Greeting/interfacing with people who come on site
- Conflict resolution/diffusion
- Peaceful Conflict Resolution Process for OccHou
- Diffuse the situation
- Keep the parties separate
- Try to schedule dialog, separate and/or group
All of these steps are not necessary in every situation.
- We reiterated that if you are under the influence you are not supposed to take a peacekeeping shift. If this happens, find another peace keeper and wake them up to take over the shift. Report them at the peace keeping meeting if you feel comfortable.
- If a peacekeeper directly witnesses a sexual assault, they will report it to the police because of group safety. If a victim comes to a peacekeeper about harassment, theft, or violence, the peacekeeper will offer to report it to the police for them.
- We need more peacekeeping volunteers!!