I visited the rally today at the park, spoke with some people and was impressed with the solidarity and passion of the people involved. I attended with the full intention of supporting the movement regarding the 99% issue(s). When I, and everyone else at the site, was told that there was a march for the issues "just down the road a couple of hundred yards", I was dismayed that a man with a bullhorn had managed to hijack the meeting and turn it into a rally to support Ron Paul and abolish the fed. Several people tried to raise the point that the issue was the 99% of this nation who are struggling… not bashing President Obama and campaigning for Ron Paul and his extreme agenda. They were shouted down by the man with the bullhorn.
The issue is JOBS and an economy that enriches the 1% by milking the other 99% dry. Ron Paul, obstructionism in Congress, and the Tea Party ilk ARE the problem, and we cannot allow them to divert us from the real issues. It is time for the richest 1% pay their fair share. It is time to stop the corrupting influance of corporate money in politics.
The Ron Paul campaign's extremist agenda is contrary to everything Occupy (Wall Street) Houston should stand for. It is not enough to simply blame the President, the Federal Reserve, and high taxes (on the richest Americans). It is all about Congress not doing its job, letting the corporations and hedge fund managers bleed the economy, while the 99% is suffering and needs jobs! Put the people to work rebuilding the nation. The PEOPLE, the 99%, are the job creators if they have money to spend. Ron Paul should take his campaign elsewhere. Quit obstructing the 99%.