Although your revolt is gaining momentum, it has become volume without substance. I think you need adding more fuel to the fire. All revolts fizzle out when there are complaints without solutions. Your movement is losing control because you failed to point out logical reasons for problems with the banks and Wall Street. Common sense solutions with big shock value will bring direction and wake-up the gullible people hooked on“political
hack ballyhoo”. Our leaders think you are a bunch of air-heads trying to destroy capitalism and move to socialism. Actually, we need to destroy "voodoo economics”: Reagan's supply side-influenced plans for massive tax cuts for the wealthy.
Common Sense Problems Requiring Logical Solutions
Along with tortious interference of government, we have experienced empire building that is out of control and fueled by campaign “ballyhoo”and think seriously about just a few facts:
Population Growth: 172%
(309,084,038 / 179,000,000 – 50)
Government Growth: 590% (6.5 trillion / 1.1 trillion – 50)
Total tax percentage paid by the average US citizen, 2005 -54.4%.
How has Government Growth of 590% been counterproductive? Just look at the various ways in which citizens of the US are taxed to support the explodingWashington,D.C. and State Empires:
1. Federal personal income tax; 2. State (some have no tax); 3. Sales tax; 4. Social security & Medicaid tax; 5. Federal corporate income tax share; 6. Property tax; 7. Fuel/gasoline tax; 8. Accounts Receivable Tax; 9. Building Permit Tax; 10. Capital Gains Tax; 11. CDL license Tax (Commercial Driver License); 12. Cigarette Tax; 13. Corporate Income Tax; 14. Court Fines (indirect taxes); 15.Deficit spending (borrow capital from the 'world market'); 16. Dog License Tax; 17. Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA); 18. Fishing License Tax; 19. Food License Tax; 20. Fuel permit tax; 21. Gasoline Tax; 22. Hunting License Tax; 23.Inflation (purchasing power of the dollar- i.e. Inflation Calculator: If you purchased an item for $20. in 1913 then in 2010 that same item would cost $440.43, rate of inflation change: 2102.1%); 24. Inheritance Tax; 25. Interest expense (tax on the money); 26.Inventory tax; 27. IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax); 28. IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax); 29.Liquor Tax; 30. Local Income Tax; 31. Luxury Taxes; 32. Marriage License Tax; 33.Property Tax; 34. Real Estate Tax; 35. Septic Permit Tax; 36. Service Charge Taxes (Airport Improvement Fee or Embarkation Fee or Airport Tax or Service charge or Service fee, etc.); 37. Road Usage Taxes (Truckers); 38.Recreational Vehicle Tax; 39. Road Toll Booth Taxes; 40. School Tax; 41. State Unemployment Tax (SUTA); 42. Telephone federal excise tax; 43. Telephone federal universal service fee tax; 44. Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes; 45.Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax; 46.Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax; 47.Telephone state and local tax; 48.Telephone usage charge tax; 49. Toll Bridge Taxes; 50.Toll Tunnel Taxes; 51. Traffic Fines (indirect taxation); 52. Trailer Registration Tax[…]
COST To Swindle the Public
The GOA (See Council of Economic Advisors (2007), table B-48, p. 287) Reports that over 85% of taxpayers file their taxes voluntarily. However, the Department of the Treasury – Internal Revenue Service’s Established Pattern of Hyper-Technical Strategies Cost American Taxpayers an Additional $605. Billion/Year and Officials Paid To Protect Taxpayer’s Interest [Taxpayer Bill of Rights-2 H.R. 2676] Intentionally Betray Them!
[Note: Government now hiding new costs by blank pages in the Reports to Congress -- claiming the public is
not authorized to review material. Transparency in Government? The TIGTA/IRS uses 2001 as a guide for reporting on need for increased budget and enforcement to reduce the Tax Gap. See Western
Journalism Center v. IRS/DOJ for example of egregious conduct.]
ADDITIONAL COST TO TAXPAYERS FOR ONE YEAR:
1. Managing and filing income tax. [Over 600 Forms] = $ 115 Billion
2. Of the $239 billion unpaid taxes – (66%) of unpaid assessment
balance are interest, fines and penalties (key word – assessment) = $ 158 Billion
[Comment: NTA 2005 Legislative Recommendations indicate
taxpayer debt is caused by “inconsistent campus procedures,
miscalculation, and validity of taxpayer’s underlying liability”]
3. Cases in Federal Court = $ 7.7 Billion
4. Cases on Appeal [not including $23 mil. award-Berkshire Hathaway] = $ 13 Billion
[Comment: Figure does not include - 31 U.S.C. 1304 – Treasury
Judgment Fund = over 18 Million paid in judgments or reserves]
5. The estimated Cost to Taxpayer for Legal Representation = $ 85 Billion
6. Estimated IRS Legal Costs = $ 89.5 Billion
7. Write-offs = $ 137illion
[Comment: $60 Billion (75%) of this balance is estimated to be ___________________
uncollectible due primarily to taxpayer’s economic situation, Total = $ 605.6 Billion
including individual taxpayers who are unemployed, currently in [Not included – IRS Budget
bankruptcy, or have other financial problems – (10 year statute)] $10.6 – 11.6 Billion]
SAMPLE OF HYPERTECHNICAL STRATEGIES -TAXPAYER
A. Over 600 different forms, collectively spending, an estimated, 5.4 billion hours a year
filling out IRS paperwork.
B. For taxpayers who do their own taxes – it will take over 14 hours for the 1040 alone.
C. Form 1040 EZ now takes 3.5 hours and the short form, Form 1040a, now has more than 80
pages of instructions.
D. Tax law has over 60,044 pages, contained in 25 Volumes; growing more convoluted every
year – making collection cost exceed amount actually collected.
E. Schedule D now has 53 lines and is not the only time consuming problem.
F. Levy on Social Security Benefits while 50% of the seniors die in abject poverty – FPLP levies on
Social Security benefits increased 335% to 1,502” in the period studied.
G. “AMT so complex that Americans spent 29 million hours just trying to figure it out.”
H. CDP appeal process (Collection Due Process) is the most litigated tax issue in federal
courts and “ – taxpayers are caught in the IRS “hall of mirrors” with no way out.”
J. Incompetent “do nothing” agencies” – NTA, Immediate Intervention, TIGTA, etc.
I you want to mmake an impact on the political leaders, you have to show actual charts with numbers and how to cut oveerhead. Just by eliminating the IRS, TIGTA, NTA, DoJ Tax Counsel and the hundreds of offices in the U.S. we would save over $1.5 Trillion.
73 Year Old "Senior on the Stump"